Here it is, folks. My all-time favorite granola recipe. Since tweaking this to perfection (compliments of my talented mother), I can no longer buy granola from the store. It’s THAT GOOD.
This recipe started from the cookbook 100 Days of Real Food by Lisa Leake and has been modified over time. I highly recommend getting this cookbook. It’s one of the only cookbooks we use. She also has a second version of this book with simplified, quicker recipes: 100 Days of Real Food: Fast & Fabulous.
What you’ll need:
4 1/2 cups Organic Rolled Oats
1 1/2 cups Mixed Chopped Nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds)
3/4 cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
3/4 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Nutmeg
1/2 tsp All-Spice
1/2 tsp Ginger
6 tbsp Coconut Oil
1/2 cup Honey
2 tsp Vanilla
Optional** (2 drops of each):
Nutmeg Essential Oil
Cinnamon Bark EO
Black Pepper EO
1. Preheat the oven to 250 F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mix together oats, nuts, seeds, coconut, spices, & salt until well combined.
3. In a small pot over low heat, combine oil and honey. Simmer until melted, remove from heat and add vanilla and essential oils.
4. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix throughly.
5. Using a spatula, spread the granola mixture onto the baking sheet so it’s evenly distributed.
6. Bake for 75 minutes.
7. Let cool completely and then store in an airtight container.
Enjoy over yogurt topped with fresh fruit!
**NOTE: The only essential oils I trust and recommend using are Young Living. You can check them out here.
Let me know when you give this one a try!